Monday, July 13, 2009

Safari Drive Thru Zoo in Gentry, Arkansas


A couple months ago, Trent and I decided to take Kennedy to the Safari Zoo in Gentry! I was really excited about the adventure, but Trent was not enthusiastic at all. However, he sucked it up for our Sunday family outing! Kennedy seemed to enjoy a few of the animals, and a few others not so much. We started off in the goat petting area. It did not go so well because one of the goats thought that Kennedy's shirt would make a great meal. It was a pretty funny sight watching Trent tug on the corner of Kennedy's shirt hoping the goat would release it from its mouth. The goat was harmless, but the two of them were done hanging out in the goat pen. I managed to take a picture of Trent and Kennedy right before the goat made its move. It is too funny because the only thing that goat had on its mind was getting her shirt!
After exiting the goat pen, we moved on to see some other animals. There was a momma kangaroo with her baby in its pouch. I got a little worried with Kennedy and the kangaroo because she almost stepped on one of her legs. I could just picture that kangaroo jumping up and attacking one of us. They had all types of animals including lots of babies. I think that Kennedy's favorite part of the day was during the actual drive thru safari. We decided to pull a Britney Spears and let her sit in the front with us so that she could see out the windows better at the animals. She thought that her driving the car was the best part! The entire time she rotated between eating her Puffs, hitting the widows to attract the animals and driving the car. We thought the safari drive thru would never end! We were exhausted! Luckily, the ride home was more relaxing for Trent and I with her sitting back in her car seat sound asleep!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had a similar experence at the zoo, except the goat kept trying to eat my shirt! The drive thru part was exhausting with him jumping from lap to lap! They need a shorter route.