Sunday, January 25, 2009

30th Birthday Weekend

This past weekend was a great 30th birthday weekend. On Friday, my mom and brother came into town. Before dinner, I got to open some birthday gifts, and my family was extremely generous to me this year. Thank you to you all! We headed to PF Changs (per my request) where some of my friends tried to hide at the restaurant and surprise me, but they were unsuccessful. I knew that my husband knew better to invite some friends. Its not that I don't love my family on my birthday, but I would like to spend the evening with friends as well. The meal was excellent. Afterwards, Trent, James and I went out for a little while which resulted in a small headache the next morning at Kennedy's first Little Gym class. I survived the class, but I was ready to lay low that afternoon while the rest of the family headed to the Razorback basketball game. After the game, Trent's parents came over and joined my family for a late lunch of hamburgers around 3:00. I took full advantage of the grandparents in town for a nice long nap since there were plenty of babysitters around to watch Kennedy. Trent or maybe my mom (I still can't remember) woke me up around 6:00 p.m. so that I could get ready for dinner. However, no one was hungry because of our late lunch. We decided we wanted to do something different, and Tony wanted to go bowling. We all agreed, and we packed the car up and headed to Fast Lane Entertainment. Little did I know that I was about to walk into a big surprise. Trent had rented out the party room and the Cosmic bowling area for my 30th birthday and about 50 of my friends were waiting on me. I was completely shocked and overwhelmed. I had no clue. Trent had also got me an amazing 2-tier birthday cake from Rick's bakery that was completely awesome! The only detail that I was not completely found of was the invitation that he created. It was a pretty embarrassing picture taken of me probably when I was in about 6th grade, and it appeared as though I was picking my nose. However, I was not!!! Besides the invitation, I had an amazing time at the party. I still keep wondering how I had no clue! I was completely shocked! Even though I am getting old, thank you to my family and friends that were able to share in my celebration of turning 30. Trent did an amazing job with my 30th birthday weekend. I am so lucky to have him as a husband, and I love him so much!!! Here are a few pictures from the party at Fast Lane.

1 comment:

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

I am so sad we couldn't make it! It was just too much with Addison's party, but I am so glad you had so much fun! HAPPY 30TH, OLD WOMAN!!!