Well, I made it back home today after being in New York (for trip 1) for the past four days. Trent was traveling for work all last week. I hopped on a flight on Friday at noon, and Trent arrived back home that night around 11:00 p.m. Luckily, my mom was able to stay with Kennedy until Trent got home. I knew that I was going to miss Kennedy, but I actually caught up on my rest in New York. Remember that there is no sleeping in once a baby arrives in your household. Plus, she demands 100% of your time unless she is asleep. This was my first big trip away from her, and I didn't see Trent for over a week.
When I tell people that I am traveling to New York on business, many feel envious that I am going and tell me how much fun I am going to have. However, they obviously have never been to New York for work. I spend most of my time cooped up in the office, and I rarely get to enjoy the sights of New York unless you consider my morning two block walk to Starbucks and back. Evenings are a little different though because I do get to enjoy some nice meals. Once I arrived on Friday night, Ashley and I walked to eat at an Italian restaurant called Cara Mia after stopping into Aerosoles to shop for shoes. It was one of her favorite neighborhood restaurants that she use to frequent back when she lived in New York. She has taken me there before so I was looking forward to the meal. On Saturday, I did not have to be at the office very early. So, I set off on my search for H&M. I knew that it was located somewhere by Macy's, but of course, I got lost along the way. Instead of being on 37th Street, I ended up somewhere on 5th Avenue. Luckily, my new iPhone has a GPS system on it which came in handy and got me back on the right path. After visiting these two stores, I walked back to my hotel and went on to the office anxiously awaiting for Saturday evening. My big evening out consisted of dinner at a Greek restaurant and watching the Broadway production of Wicked. I have been wanting to see the show for about two years, and it was just as fabulous as I thought it would be. The setting is based on the story of the Wizard of Oz before Dorothy dropped in. It takes a step back into the lives of the three witches and how they came about. I would definitely recommend this show to all. Plus, I would even go and see it again. This trip to New York has been much more eventful than my past trips, but I would have more fun if it was vacation and not work. Now, I am back in Northwest Arkansas for one week until I leave again this Sunday to head back. If I arrive in New York early enough, I may try to catch another Broadway show for Sunday evening. I am still deciding on what I might like to see.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm glad you made it back. Cute pictures of Miss K in her jumper. Is that the one Grandma got her? Leighton loves hers as well.
I too have been wanting to see Wicked - so even though you are working a lot, I'm still jealous...plus, I just love NYC - work or no work!
Post a Comment