While in New York, I did get to have some fun when I was not working which included great food
and attending a couple broadway shows. Once I arrived on Sunday, I attempted to stand in line at TKTS on Times Square for a discount ticket. My wait paid off, and I got a ticket on the 4th row in the orchestra of Mary Poppins at the New Amsterdam Theatre It was a cute musical geared towards the family, and the theatre was absolutely beautiful. At the end, Mary Poppins flies out over the audience in her exit. The souvenier of choice among kids at this show was the parrot head umbrella that Mary
carries around everywhere. On Tuesday, I had no set plans. So, I headed back down to TKTS which I managed to get an orchestra ticket to Phantom of the Opera. It was not as good a seat like at Mary Poppins or Wicked, but it was still a great seat. I was excited to see the show because it is the longest running broadway musical in New York. The music was awesome along with the set changes and costumes. Even though it is not geared towards children, this is a must see broadway production! Of all three shows that I have seen this past two
weeks, Wicked would still be my #1 pick. However, I may be partial because I love the movie, and I have wanted to see it for two years. The tickets can be expensive, but it was worth it to me.There were quite a few other things going on in New York, but I managed to miss these events. Below is a list:
- David Blaine was hanging upside down in Central Park for his lastest dare devil and magical stunt, but I was too lazy to walk from 40th Street to 58th Street. My feet can't handle 18 blocks.
- Spike Lee was having a big after party after the premier of some movie release, but I still can't figure out what movie.
- The United Nations parade was on Sunday which resulted in traffic at a stand still which included my car not moving for over 30 minutes. I was trying to get from the airport to my hotel.
- Sarah Palin was uninvited to some political event in the city because Hillary Clinton did not want to attend the same event as her. This is the version of the story that I was told.
There was one big thing thing I forgot to mention in my last blog post about my New York trip #1. I got to meet Genevieve Gorder. For those who don't know her, she is on Trading Spaces, and she has a new show coming out next Spring called Designing with Genevieve. She has partnered with my company, Springs Global, with our Springmaid brand in the bed and bath categories. We are relaunching the brand in 2009 with retailers cross channel. Keep your eyes open for some exciting new things for your home that will surprise and delight you.





1 comment:
Sold! I love to be surprised and delighted!
Post a Comment