Friday, September 5, 2008

Ready to be done with the infant seat...

If there is one thing that is frustrating about getting Kennedy ready in the car is to put her in the infant seat. Luckily, she does not mind sitting in it, but it is so heavy to carry. This week was especially frustrating with the Gustav rain. At daycare, they do not want you to pull under the covered drive so they put up orange cones to keep people from parking under it. Well, they should change this rule when it rains for parents with children under the age of 1. Kennedy and I both got wet this week for three days in a row. I learned that it is difficult to carry her in the infant seat along with an umbrella and diaper bag, and it is impossible to load her into the car with it all. I gave up trying, and we both got wet. Going forward when it rains, the infant seat will remain in the car, and I will just start carrying her into daycare. Of course, this only works if I am taking and picking her up that day. Otherwise, Trent will need the seat. I may get a little wet when getting her out of the car, but, hopefully, we will not be drenched by the time we get into the building.

No comments: