Friday, September 26, 2008

My little stinker...

Well, Kennedy is officially 6 months old today. I can't believe it! In one week, she will be moving up from the Little Lambs class to the Snuggle Bunny class at daycare. Her current teachers keep telling me that they are going to miss her.

It was an amusing morning today. We always try to give her a bath at night before she goes to bed. However, last night we had a dinner meeting that threw us off schedule. Trent convinced me that instead of giving her bath last night that he would give her a bath this morning. With his help, it would prevent me from being extremely late for work. The bath was going smoothly, and she was having a great time splashing the water around in her tub. She was getting Trent a little wet, but he did not seem to mind. He was concentrating on getting her clean. I was down the hall while all this was going on. At one point, I heard Trent yelling my name with a cry for help. I rushed to the bathroom to find a helpless look on Trent's face. He had just about finished with the bath when Kennedy pooped all in her tub. She had never done this before, and so, this was a surprise to me. He immediately handed her to me with poop all over her bottom. He didn't escape that quickly from the mess. I helped him get her cleaned up, but I left him with the poopy tub. Plus, the bathroom smelled awful. Maybe next time, he will listen to me when I tell him that we should give her baths in the evening instead of waiting until the morning. I thought this early morning event was pretty funny. She is definitely my little stinker, or at least she was this morning in the bath tub.



I think they have something in common. I wonder what Kennedy could be for Halloween!

3 comments:

Chris, Whitney, and Leighton said...

Too funny!! I remember the first time Leighton did that. I was in a total state of shock. Crossing my fingers that she doesn't do it again.

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

Ooh, we haven't had a full-on poop yet, but a few near-misses. So funny! I can see the whole episode taking place!

Alison said...

We got a good laugh from this one!! I can just see the look on Trent's face!!!