Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When it rains, it pours!!!

Well, Trent left on Sunday for a week on business. It is just the girls at the house all week until I leave for New York on Friday. Kennedy is getting much better, but on Sunday, every diaper that I changed was a poopy diaper. I didn't know that she had so much in her. I am used to once or twice a day but not every time. The poor baby has major diaper rash now because of this. I was told that both of these could be a side affect from the antibiotic. Also on Sunday, I discovered around 7:45 at night that my tire was going flat. I drove to Wal-Mart, and they put my spare tire on for me. Of course this would only happen once Trent goes out of town. On Monday morning, I woke up, got Kennedy to daycare, and went off to work. However, I started not feeling well. I knew that I was going to get sick in only a matter of time. Kennedy had her follow up doctor's appointment at 10:30 with Dr. Graber. It took every once of energy for me to not get sick during her appointment. I was even looking around in the patient room for a trash can just in case, but there was only a small one built into the wall with the paper towels. Luckily, Dr. Graber wrote everything down for me on paper for Kennedy so that I could remember later. After the appointment, I rushed her back to daycare and got home just in time. Needless to say, I decided not to go back to work for the day. Also Uncle Tony (Trent's brother) and Ashley Bloch (who lives two doors down from us) had to help me that evening after I got Kennedy home from daycare. Ashley took care of Kennedy until Tony could get to the house and stay with us that night. I could hardly move from my bed except for to the bathroom. Tony took her to daycare the next morning since I could not. I am so grateful that I had their help! By late afternoon on Tuesday, I was feeling so much better, and I was able to take care of Kennedy that night. By the way, it is now Wednesday, and I am still driving around with my spare tire. My car looks like a ghetto mobile. I am planning on getting it fixed today. I guess that I need to mention again that when it rains, it pours! I am ready for Trent to get home for some help around here!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I am so excited that you guys got a blog!!! Are you feeling any better?