Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Craft Fair Weekend

It is become a family tradition for several years now to attend the Ozark Craft Fairs at War Eagle Mill and other local craft fairs in the fall. You know that fall is here after you have enjoyed the crisp, fresh air out at the War Eagle Mill farm. For those of you who don't know, it is a huge event in the fall where thousands and thousands of people nationwide flock to the area. Hotels are booked solid. This year, Mimi and I took Kennedy. Over the weekend, we attended the War Eagle Mill, Springdale Convention Center, and the Embassy John Q. Hammonds Center. It was a weekend just with the girls. Kennedy held up pretty well as she hung out in her stroller taking in all the sights and sounds. I am so upset though because I completely forgot to take any pictures of the big event. I was absorbed into the shopping aspect that I completely forgot to savor the moment with a few snapshots. Oh well! However, I did take a picture of one of my treasures that I found at the Embassy on Friday. It was a red antique finished wood frame, and I put Kennedy's 8x10 Razorback photo in it. I loved it so much that I went back the next day in search of a black version. She did not have it with her, but she had one at home. Luckily, she lives in Rogers, and she was able to bring it by today. We found some other great items that include jewelry, clothes, cheese ball mixes, etc. It was an exhausting but fun weekend. We all can't wait to attend next year!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I bet you found some killer stuff in Springdale too!!! ;)