Saturday, October 11, 2008

This week keeps getting worse!

It was a frustrating and accidental week in the Ragar household. It all started out on Monday at noon. Trent and I decided to have lunch at Marketplace Express in Rogers. As we were about to go inside, I stepped up on the curb, and my heal of my shoe got caught on the hem of my pants. I slammed into the pavement. Everything in my hands went flying. I don't know if the pain in my knee was worse or the humiliation that everyone in the restaurant probably just saw me fall. I was laying helpless on the ground. Trent helped me up, but I decided that I was not going to eat at that restaurant. I wanted to go home especially since I also had blood coming from my knee. So, Trent got us some take out. I went home and changed into some bermuda shorts hoping that I could not possibly repeat my accident. My knee now looks like I took a dive into home plate on a baseball field with shorts on. Needless to say, my pants are ruined as well as my brand new red patent leather shoes that I had bought a couple of weeks ago in New York. I had only worn them three times.

A new day began on Tuesday, but it ended up being a mishap. That morning, I put Kennedy on the bed while Trent was watching her because I had to go put a bunch of stuff in the car before work. While in the garage, I heard Trent yelling my name and Kennedy was screaming and crying. As I rushed to the bedroom, I found that Kennedy had rolled off the bed. If this has not happened to you, it is the worst feeling in the entire world, and it makes you feel like you are a terrible parent. I was upset because I had put her on the bed, but Trent was more upset because she had rolled off on his watch. We were both to blame. Once she saw the dogs come into the room, she calmed down. She loves to watch her puppies. We took her off to daycare with a massive carpet burn mark across her forehead. Of course, I had to explain to the daycare staff why Kennedy had a huge red spot across her head. Later on that day, we find out that an accident report was filed on Kennedy because another baby at daycare bullied up on her and put scratches on the opposite side of her head from the massive carpet burn. She was the unlucky Ragar on Tuesday, but all of the marks have now faded away.


The week continued to be unlucky for Kennedy and I throughout the rest of the week. Even on Thursday, I completely past the daycare and almost got to work until I realized that Kennedy was still in the car. My mind was obviously in a different state of mind that day, but she finally made it safe and sound with no accidents. On Friday, it was a different story. I decided to take half a vacation day to head down to Little Rock early for the weekend. I wanted to do a little shopping. Plus, I wanted to get down there before it got dark since Trent was not coming with me this time. If I had only known what was in store for me and Kennedy. About 20 minutes outside of Fayetteville, I thought that I started hearing some funny noises coming from my car, but I kept on driving along. Several minutes later, I heard some terrible noises which I realized quickly that my car was driving crazy. I quickly pulled off on the side of the interstate. I had a blown tire, and Kennedy had just slept through the entire incident. I immediately called Trent, and he told me to push my OnStar button. Luckily, we have OnStar roadside assistance, but I did not realize that we would have to sit on the side of the interstate for over 2 hours until assistance actually came. It was a long wait, but we finally got it fixed. We were on our way. We had left our house in Rogers around 1:45, and we finally arrived in Little Rock at 7:00. Luckily, we are safe and sound, but I am hoping that nothing else bad happens this weekend. I ended up having to buy not one but three new tires today at Firestone. The tires also had to be realigned. My total bill ended up being $527.00. I took some pictures of what my shredded tire looked like once it was off my car. Thankfully, tires can be replaced.

2 comments:

julia said...

I'm so sorry that all of that happened to you guys... but it made for a really funny post! This week has to be better.

Chris, Whitney, and Leighton said...

I am so glad you were okay. Tire blowouts can be pretty dangerous. A Pi Phi was killed my freshman year due to one. I had one that same year and it scared me to death. Sounds like you had a pretty unfortunate week. You are not the only parent who has witnessed a fall. Leighton rolled off the ottoman when she was about 9 weeks old. I spent the rest of the day with her glued to me. Hope you have a better week this week. We get to see y'all soon!!! :)