After our follow up today with the doctor, Kennedy had a temperature of 102.4 degrees. They decided to do chest x-rays, and they confirmed that there were no signs of pneumonia. She had lost 1 pound this week because she had not been eating or drinking as much formula as usual. The doctor told us to keep giving her the medicine that we are currently giving her. One thing that I don't think that I can handle again is another night like the one we experience last night. Let's just say that it was the longest most exhausting Christmas night ever. Kennedy was crying all night long not wanting anything but to just cry. She was feeling terrible. At around 3:00 a.m., I decided to give her some Tylenol. This seemed to help, and we were finally able to get some sleep. Trent and I have always said that we would never let Kennedy sleep in the bed with us. At nine months, we gave in last night. It was the absolute most tiring night we have ever had since the day she was born. I almost broke down from exhaustion. The doctor said that he was not surprised by our evening, and that we should prepare ourselves for possibly another one. With her RSV, he said that it would effect her more at night, and during the day, she would seem like a happy and cheerful baby. She definitely proved to be the happy baby during the day.
Once we returned from her appointment, we pulled her around in her Radio Flyer wagon that she received from her Papa Jim and Mama Donna. She loves to be pulled around! After a few hours of relaxation, we packed up the car and headed to Warren to visit Trent's grandparents. Tomorrow, we will be heading back to Rogers. We have enjoyed all of the family visits, but it will feel good to be back home and to sleep in our own beds. Oh! I almost forget! Kennedy is 9 months old today!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment