Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kennedy lucks out on the flu shot today!

It was time to get Kennedy's second dosage of the flu shot today. It has been a month since she got her first flu shot dosage. Due to her age, they have to split it up into two shots. I called the doctor's clinic to set up an appointment to come in. To my surprise, they were completely out of shots. They recommended that I call around. I finally found out that the Benton County Health Department had some on hand, but they needed a record that she had already received her first dosage. After several phone calls, I finally received her records, and we headed to get her a shot. The clinic was packed with people. We waited in the lobby waiting room for an hour to realize that we were 2 days early. Since she had gotten her previous shot on November 12, she could not get her next one until December 12. I was not happy since I had taken off work and waited an hour before they decided to provide me this information. Also, there is no telling if we caught anything else while sitting in the waiting room. This was the first and last time you will find us at the health department. Luckily, Trent's parents are coming into town this weekend, and his mom is a nurse. She is going to give Kennedy her second flu shot this weekend. This is great because not only will I not have to wait in another line, but it will be free!!!

No comments: