Saturday, November 8, 2008

Busy and Tiresome Week


The Ragar household was busy this past week. I left on Tuesday to Minneapolis for work, and Trent and Kennedy held down the fort at home. I managed to have time to vote before I caught my flight, and I only had to stand in line for 45 minutes. It was difficult leaving Kennedy that morning at daycare, and I caught myself getting a little emotional when walking out of her classroom. The purpose of my trip to Minneapolis was to help set up our office showroom for an upcoming Target meeting. For those of you who do not know, the Target corporate offices are located here. Also, I visited the flagship 2-story Target store located downtown. I found some great buys at the store, and I enjoyed going up and down the escalator with my grocery cart. It is a great city with excellent restaurants downtown. It was neat walking from building to building through the indoor skyways. If you know your way through the skyways, then you never have to walk outdoors. My trip ended on Thursday when I headed home. However, it can never be simple when it comes to flying. My flight to Memphis was delayed due to mechanical problems where I was suppose to catch a connecting flight. I decided to get off of the plane to try to catch a later direct flight to the XNA airport. Successfully, I managed to get a seat only to discover that this flight was delayed as well. Luckily, we eventually took off. After arriving back in Northwest Arkansas, I left the airport at 11:30 p.m. with no bag and knowing that I would be back the next day to claim it. I was completely exhausted but happy to be home. The only other frustration was that Trent informed me that Kennedy had gotten bullied and beat up at daycare that day. Another baby had pushed her backwards on her back and bit her on the head. I was shocked! I knew that this would probably happen in the future but not as early as seven months. I am ready for her to learn to crawl and get some teeth. With these two things, maybe the next time the other baby tries to bite her then she can either bite back or crawl away. Even two days later, she still has the bite mark.




Downtown Minneapolis









cart carrier at 2-story Target




2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hope your happy...I am in buisness!

Alison said...

XNA seems to ALWAYS have baggage claim issues!!! It is SO inconvenient especially when all you want to do is get home!!