Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some new firsts!

Well, Kennedy has experienced some new firsts in her life. Tonight, she actually drank some water from a sippy cup all by herself. It wasn't much water, but she kept taking it to her mouth. I am so proud! It is crazy that she will hold a sippy cup, but she will not hold on to her bottle. However, she may think it is a new toy because kept slamming it over and over on the high chair tray laughing. We have only tried a sippy cup a couple of other times. Evidently, it was a really cheap one, and it leaked water all over her. I am testing out which sippy cups don't leak with water before we step up to some juice. This evening, I also gave her part of a Mum Mum which is a rice rusk. She looked a little confused at first on what to do with it, but she figured out quickly that it went into her mouth. She gave some funny facial expressions at first, but she seemed to really enjoy it. Before we know it, she will be eating all kinds of finger foods!

3 comments:

The Kuhlmans said...

She's too cute! I can't believe she's so grown up with her sippie cup - before you know it she'll be driving a car! Also, love the highchair. -Monica

Mary Ella said...

Wow a sippie cup! Yeah good luck finding one that doesn't leak. We have tried many and it seems they trick you at first thinking they won't leak...then it happens!

EilandFamily said...

I can't believe she's old enough to drink out of a sippy cup. I guess they do grow up fast. Mason loves the Nubby sippi cups! See you later!