Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kennedy's First Halloween

To get into the spirit of Halloween, Mimi, Trent and I dressed up along with Kennedy this year. If you have read my previous blog 'Tis the Season, you would have learned that Trent and I own the Christmas Decor franchise for Northwest Arkansas. We decorate exterior residential and commercial properties with Christmas lights and decor for the holiday season. Being that we own the business, our house is always the first to be decorated. This year, they did it the week of Halloween, and the lights were turned on all week. I am sure that my neighbors think that we are crazy. However, it gave me a brilliant idea for Halloween costumes this year. Santa Claus actually came to our house this year to hand out candy to the trick or treaters, and I was Santa's helper along with Mimi who dressed up as a giant present. Kennedy was still a bunny since we already had her costume, and our Christmas theme costume idea was decided at the last minute. However, we called her the Easter Bunny In Training. Santa sat outside all night long in a rocking chair handing out candy, posing for pictures, and taking toy requests. The kids were so excited to see Santa. Some asked for transformers, a glitter lava lamp, a dirt bike, and a toy assault rifle. One kid even asked if the elf and Santa could come to his party. We had a great time until we ran out of candy around 8:00 p.m. Even two of Kennedy's teachers from daycare stopped by to visit. I think that everyone enjoyed stopping by our house, but some people actually thought that we had really decorated the house just for Halloween. We didn't tell them anything different. We did learn one thing this year during Halloween, and that is that Kennedy is not afraid of Santa Claus. This is great because our future trip to the mall this year to see Santa will not be a terrifying ordeal for her. We all had lots of fun this year, and Kennedy enjoyed trick or treating at some of our neighbors homes. She is already for next year!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love it, so funny that your house dressed up too. You all look wonderful.