Sunday, November 23, 2008

Poo Slinger!!!

This past Saturday, I had the most humiliating and embarrassing experience of my life. Mimi (my mom) came into town this past weekend so that Trent and I could have a date night on Saturday evening. Trent had to work some during the day so my mom and I decided to do a little shopping. After grabbing lunch at McAlisters and visiting with Uncle Tony, our first stop was my mom's favorite store, Chico's. We decided to stop by before heading to the mall. My mom found a few things that she decided to purchase. While at the check out desk, I thought that it would be wise to check Kennedy's diaper before heading to the mall. If dirty, I could change it as soon as we arrived there. After placing her on the counter, I peered from the back as I always do for a quick peek. Little did I know that her poo had all been smashed up and to the back, and my hand went right into it. I was completely surprised and let go of the back of her diaper. Huge mistake! As I let go, I slung poo all on the counter at the store. I not only surprised myself, but also my mom and the lady who was checking us out. I stood there helpless with one arm around Kennedy and the other with poo on it. As my mom was cleaning their counter, the employees were trying to hustle me back to the restroom to get myself and Kennedy cleaned up. The second problem was that there was not a changing station in the bathroom. So, I had to lay her on a supply rack shelf along with toilet paper and bathroom supplies to get her cleaned up. I was completely embarrassed, and all that I wanted to do was quickly get out of the store. The third problem was that after the poo slinging incident, I lost my car keys. After my mom finally checked out and I found my keys 20 minutes later, we finally were able to leave. I don't think that I will be going back there for a while, and the employees were probably happy to see us leave.

5 comments:

julia said...

That's the funniest story I've read in a long time! I can't imagine the look on everyone's face when the poo landed on the counter!

Mary Ella said...

I can honestly say that has never happened to me...how funny!

Alison said...

Okay, this had me laughing SO hard!! What a little stinker she is!!

The Kuhlmans said...

Too funny! That would only happen to you, right? Glad to hear Kennedy is keeping you guys on your toes.
-Monica

Bethany said...

I don't think you could make up a story as good as this! So funny!