Friday, March 6, 2009

Going Home Today!!!

Yesterday, James had a white blood cell count of 26,000. Today, it is at 17,000. We are happy that it continues to lower. His daily dosage of the chemo medicine called Gleevec has been increased. However, the best news of all is that he gets to go home from the hospital today! He is so happy that he will be able to sleep in his own bed again. It will still take some time for his body to recuperate from these past couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Trumbo Family said...

What great news! I am so happy to hear this! Hope to see you guys soon at The Little Gym!!

Karen said...

That is great news. I am so happy for him and can't imagine how that shower felt:) You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that he is going home! We'll continue to pray for him.

Morgan said...

Great news!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! We will keep praying!

Rachel