Sunday, March 1, 2009

Making Progress

Good news! James has a white blood cell count of 155,000. The swelling has moved from his leg to his hamstring. They are planning on hooking him up to the leukapheresis machine tonight. Evidently, there are two other emergency patients that are needing to use the machine. Also, he may only have to be hooked up to the machine for two more times. We left him during the morning visiting hours with him about to get on the laptop. He was about to check out my blog and possibly take a nap. He has started to complain about being bored, and he is ready to be in a regular hospital room.

6 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

Hi Amanda...Your brother and the rest of your family are in my prayers. I just found your blog from FB and wanted to stop by and see your beautiful baby girl...congratulations..even though she's so big now!! I was also glad to read that your brother seems to be improving...VERY positive!! Take care.

Sarah Lux Thomas

Anonymous said...

You probably already found this site, but here is some information for newly diagnosed individuals. http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_page?item_id=4221

Shay said...

Hi Amanda. Again, thank you so much for keeping us all up to date on James.

JAMES--I hear you're reading this blog now. Wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers each and every day. Tim is going to come out and see you very soon...he just got back in town. He's been in Dallas for awhile.

Talk to you soon!

Shay

Anonymous said...

Hey man,
Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you each day. I am going to come by and see you soon. Can't wait to hang out with you at Buffett or in Vegas. I am in either place.
Tim

Anonymous said...

James,

What's up man? Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you a lot these days and praying for a quick recovery. I'm sure you know that there are MANY people doing the same. Had a great time with you at McSorley's in NY - really appreciated you looking me up. Maybe we'll make a special trip back up there with Wheeler when you're better. Hang in there.

- Brock Gearhart

Nancy said...

Jimmy,

Get well soon big guy.... I came by to see you again on Friday but your mom said you were snoozing. It sounds like your body is starting to cooperate and looks like you have plenty of people who care about you. You remain in my thoughts and prayers! I know that the JimDex will rebound from all of this stronger than ever! Let me know if you need anything. I mean that.

Skylar Jordan