Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Night #2 at the Hospital

I am sitting at the hospital with James.  He has been here at Baptist Hospital in the ICU now for one week.  His white blood cell count is now at 303,000.  It has lowered a little more.  He is doing so much better with eating food again.  This is good news because at the beginning of the week he was only drinking his water and Insure strawberry shakes.  He also now has some entertainment in the room that includes a computer, portable DVD player, DVDs, books, magazines, etc.  Thanks to all who brought everything to him.  He appreciates your kindness and generosity.  It is amazing how much he has improved in one week.  Throughout the week, they have begun giving him small doses of the chemo medicine call Gleevec.  Doctors say that it should start to kick in within the next couple of days and attack the excess white blood cells.  James is much more alert and coherent.  This weekend, my mom and I will be coming back and forth to the hospital during visiting hours until I head back home on Sunday.  Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to visit James this past week.  He has enjoyed the company!  Also, he has started reading some of the comments on my blog.  Feel free to add a comment if you want!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all! I'm glad to hear his white count is going down.

Rachel "Greene" Bierman