Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Ends With Positive News

We received some positive news this evening about James. His white blood cell count is down from 618,000 to 537,000. Although we still have a long way to go, we are moving in the right direction. Also, his red blood cell count is up. Yesterday, we were concerned, but the blood transfusion last night must have helped. He got a lot of rest today, and he was happy to see a few visitors during the 8:00-10:00 p.m visiting hours. The doctor stopped by to visit him twice this evening, and he was pleased with the progress. James also likes his new night nurse. Although he has stab marks in his arm from Shirley's multiple IV attempts, he seems like a happier patient from what he was like this morning.

6 comments:

The Adler Family said...

Thanks for the updates! We are thinking about ya'll.

Heather said...

Amanda--I just noticed this on FB and came to check on your brother on your blog. I am so sorry to hear this. You are all in our prayers. Heather

The Nuckols said...

Amanda, Thanks for all the updates! I heard about James this weekend and we are praying for all of you! Please let him know that Joseph and I are thinking about him and hoping for speedy recovery! Let us know if there is anything we can do!

Court said...

Amanda,
I am a very good friend of James. I am glad that you are updating the blog so I can updated of his status. Please let him know that I am thinking and praying for him. I am also praying for your family as I know it can be hard to watch as he is going through all of this.

Courtney

Heather Y. (aka Mommy) said...

Your brother is in our prayers! God will help him overcome this and live a LONG, healthy life!

HC's Mom said...

Thanks for the updates. One of my very dear friends has melanoma and has been down this same road. There is a website www.caringbridge.com that is a great way for friends and family to keep up with James and send him good wishes. I know how much it helps Mary when she is going through a rough patch. You should check it out for him. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chrissie