Thursday, February 26, 2009

Great news! We found out today that James has a white blood cell count of 324,000. Let's hope that it continues to lower. He was hooked up to the machine this morning at 7:00 a.m., and he was taken off of it at 1:00 p.m. Also, Kennedy turned 11 months old today. Only 1 month away till her 1st birthday. She misses her Uncle James, and she wants him to get better soon. She is now completely eating table food. No more baby food, but she still drinks formula. Plus, she is very mobile. She can stand by herself for a few seconds until she realizes what she is doing then falls. We wish that we could take her to see Uncle James, but she is not allowed in the ICU. We want him to get better soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
I'm just figuring all of this internet/blog stuff out and somehow stumbled on your blog the other week. I'm so sorry your brother has been sick and my heart really goes out to you! I will be praying for his health and speedy recovery.
anna c. loyd

MagnoliaLloyd said...

Amanda,

I hung out with James in college, and have not seen him in a good year or so, but I heard about his diagnosis. I am just in shock since hearing all this, and have been following your blog everyday to see how things are going. It is amazing what they can do these days, and it sounds like things are on the upside! His white cell count is dropping! Please let him know that Crandall Lloyd and randy Thomas have been thinking of him everyday and praying for him to go to Vegas on his next trip. He is such a good guy-it really hurts to hear this is happening so quickly, but he will be good in the end. My brother was diagnosed with a progressive form of Multiple Sclerosis at 28, so I kind of know how it feels to have something come up so quickly to someone you love. Keep us updated-thanks.

Crandall & Randy

Court said...

Amanda,
It is good to hear this news tonight. Thanks so much for the updates.

Courtney

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

Such good news! We will keep praying!

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

Oh, and we had dinner tonight with James' pledge brother Jordan Karnes--he sends his well wishes, too!

The Adler Family said...

That's great to hear! Let's pray that it keeps going in the right direction.

Jen