Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Morning James Update

My mom and I arrived at the hospital this morning at 8:00 a.m. James was standing up in his room, but he was having a lot of pain in his hamstring. He was very unhappy about mean nurse Shirley. He told us that he had been up all night long, and she did not give him any morphine for the pain. She had also given him some attitude. He wants us to get her replaced with a new nurse because he can't handle that woman one more night. His day nurse Roger is back today, and he is much nicer. He has not eaten much for the past two meals. We are waiting to talk to the doctor about offering him some shakes to get something in his system. We received an update this morning. His white blood cell count went up to 618,000. They have hooked him up to the machine again today for the 6 hour procedure called leukapheresis. It is the dialysis type process that filters the blood to remove the white blood cells. We are waiting to recieve an update from the physician in charge of this process.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Amanda - I've been away from the computer the past couple of days and am just catching up. I'm sad you and your family are going through this! Please let me know if I can do anything. We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Trumbo Family said...

You and your family are in our prayers. Hang in there.